Another low-cost tablet PC is joining the market and it is from the California-based gadget manufacturer Cherrypal. They released its new sub-$200 tablet computer, the CherryPad America.
It was designed for those who are looking for an affordable, powerful, high quality, and low energy-consuming tablet computer with the ability to run the Android operating system.
- 800MHz Samsung ARM11 processor
- 7-inch resistive touch widescreen display (no stylus needed)
- 800×480 resolution with a built-in gravity sensor
- 256MB of DDRII RAM
- 2GB NAND Flash
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g
- micro SD card reader
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- built-in speaker
- DC port
- external 3G modem (optional)
- Polymer 3200 MAH battery (run time of 6-8 hours)
The device is budled with Android 2.1 OS with all Android applications but upgrade option to 2.2 is planned for the fourth quarter 2010.
Cherrypal's CherryPad America Android tablet retails for $188.
[via Press Release]